Monday, February 4, 2008

03:The Desire of the Woman

Genesis 3:16
To the woman He said:
" I will greatly multiply your sorrow
and your conception;
" In pain you shall bring forth children
and your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you."

This expression . . . your desire shall be for your husband, causes us to remember, first
their joint-rule in the garden and secondly, she would, because of sin, desire to dominate her
husband.

If man had not sinned, he would always have ruled with wisdom and love; and if the woman
had not sinned, she would have obeyed with humility and meekness; and then their dominion would have been without grievance.

Mercy is mixed with wrath in this sentence, which was not a curse, to bring her to ruin, but a chastisement to bring her to repentance.
"He shall rule over you, is a divine assignment of the husbands servant-leader role.
This is in no way diminishing to the woman, but rather a redemptive role assigned to the husband as a means toward reinstating their original state.

" Come unto me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and you shall
find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

It is our our sin and folly which makes our "yoke" heavy.
Be encouraged this day to take upon yourself the rest offered us through Christ our Savior.

God's blessing be upon our unity!

Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

No comments: